Written while Drunk on Thoughts

14 Mar 2014

Empty Promise

Empty promise


You made me a promise 6 full moons ago.
You will never leave, you promised

You kept your promise.
I was the one that made you broke your promise once
By making silly mistakes.

Being the compassionate person that you are
You gave me another chance
"Be all in or get all out"

Even after what I've done, you kept your promise
I knew by then I want you forever.

But when I decided to uphold that sacred promise together with you, you turned my world upside down.
You are sorry that you cant keep your promise to me, 
For you had promised not to leave someone else before me.

Then I understood.
The promise is always empty.
You broke the promise.
Worse!
You never plan to honour the promise. 



-Melissa

No comments :

Post a Comment